- To provide a support network for research active nurses and allied health care professionals (AHPs) from local clinical and academic institutions.
- To provide development opportunities for nurses and AHPs interested in research.
- To contribute to the development of a research culture locally in which nurses and AHPs are strong members of research teams.
- We will raise the profile of research active nursees and AHPs by creating opportunities for dissemination of research, in collaboration with other local
- We will provide development opportunities for nurses interested in research by organising relevant workshops at timely intervals.
- We will help to foster a research culture locally by seeking opportunities to engage with clinical and academic colleagues.
- We will create a resource for research active nurses and AHPs in the form of a website.
- We will support each other by facilitating informal mentoring relationships.
- All nurses and AHPs engaged in research, who are interested in developing their research skills and profile, and those interested in becoming involved in
Organisation and management
- All attendees of the Cambridge Nurses in Research meetings are encouraged to participate in any aspect of the group.
- The working group has been set up to co-ordinate meetings and related activites and would welcome new members. Current members are: Jackie Buck, Jane
Fleming, Sara Jones, Alex Malyon.
- Sub working groups may be established depending on the future developments and interests of the members.
- Meetings will take place on the third Wednesday of each month and will usually involve presentations and discussions relevant to our
- If funding allows this may include external speakers.
- We endeavour to provide refreshments at meetings where funding is available.
- The terms of reference will be reviewed annually.